Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Martin out of closet!!!


Puerto Rican pop star Ricky Martin officially came out of the closet and announced that he is gay on Monday.
In a message on his website he wrote, "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

There had been much speculation about Martin's sexual orientation, but it is the first time that he has confirmed publicly that he is homosexual.

Martin said he decided to come out because he felt he wanted to "free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time" while he was writing a memoir.

His twin sons, fathered through a surrogate mother in 2008, were a factor in his decision to come out. "This is just what I need especially now that I am the father of two beautiful boys that are so full of light and who with their outlook teach me new things every day," Martin said in the message. "To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where born with."

Martin made his singing debut as a teenager, and first gained fame mostly in Spanish-speaking countries. He achieved worldwide stardom in 1999 with the runaway global success of his first English-language album, "Livin' La Vida Loca."

No comments:

Post a Comment